Thursday, January 13, 2011

Halloween in Beaufort

Since I am currently not working and Billy is off on another trip, I’ve decided to drive to Beaufort with my side kick Dante “Dewey”. I didn’t think I’d be heading back so soon, but lately I’ve been in a bit of a funk so a trip to the LowCountry to get a dose of love from friends and family is just what the doctor ordered.

The drive is 9 hrs, but with Starbucks rushing through my veins and a selection of rockin’ music, I will be fine. My father instilled in me a sense of adventure and fearlessness which has always allowed me to be independent, open minded, and courageous. I’ve never had a fear of traveling alone or doing things by myself. If I had the opportunity to be dropped off in a village in the middle Africa I would get a rush out of that. I live for that stuff and I can’t wait for that time to come.

So, with all that said, I’ll be arriving in Beaufort just in time for Halloween. Not quite sure what I’ll dress up as, but something will come to me. It will be nice to be at my sister-n-laws house for a few days, and tonight, she has a group of friends coming over. We’ll have a bon fire going, lots of candy, drinks and other goodies, as well as a jam session of Rock Band. It’s going to be a blast!!! I better get on the road...time is a wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment