Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Sun in the sky you know how I feel"

Flying over the Cuyamaca Mountains into San Diego brought a huge smile to my face. Once I landed and got out into the open air the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The beautiful landscape, palm trees, beach, mountains, desert and great food, makes California stand out from the rest of the states.

Billy and I decided to rent a car so we wouldn't have to rely on anyone to drive us around. The 10 minute drive from the airport to my sisters house seemed endless. I couldn't wait to arrive and see their faces. When they opened the door we couldn't hold back our emotions. I was so happy to see my mom, sister and her kids. The only one missing was my middle sister Fernanda who lives in Brazil, and who I miss so much. My sister kept her Christmas tree up so we could open up gifts and celebrate Christmas all over again. Tristan and Karina were so excited to pass out gifts, as well as open up their own gifts.

Our time in Diego was fantastic. We spent time with family, friends, and visited our favorite places. We even made time to go jogging in the mornings and hike while we were there. I must say though; it doesn't matter where you, as long as you surround yourself with people who love and nurture you, that's all that matters. I am thankful that I have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment