Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thanksgiving in White Plains, NY

Two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, I spent some time in Manhattan and had an incredible time. I had been in the city once before, but this time around I wasn’t worried about sightseeing. I just wanted to walk and eat, which I did. We even went clubbing one night at some hip, crazy, packed, night club. New York City is incredible. There’s nothing you can’t do, the people are direct, not “rude”, and the city is alive and filled with energy. Little did I know that I would be heading back to New York for the holidays.

Billy had just returned from Lisbon and received orders that he would be needed during Thanksgiving week in Upstate New York. So, I'm heading to White Plains, NY for an entire week and spending the holiday there with Billy and our dog Dante. There are times I miss having a routine, a schedule, a job, but right at this moment just being free to pick up and go feels nice.

(update after our trip)

Thanksgiving in White Plains was spectacular. We took the train early morning into NYC and watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Later that night we ate at a real Diner. Aside from their regular menu they put together a Thanksgiving Menu for the evening. We sat inside the diner and ate until our heart's content. It was Delish! We even brought a little leftovers for “Dewey”. Most importantly we were together during the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment