Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 2 in DC


Since my last posting, I've been to China Town, 3 Smithsonian's (National, Modern Art and Natural History Museums) and my all time favorite the Washington National Cathedral. I love the cathedral because of the Gothic-style architecture, and how it functions as a house of worship for all faiths.

Note: The best things in DC are free, including entrance to most museums, the Smithsonian National Zoo, tours of monuments and memorials, and my all time favorite place, the National Cathedral.


I've spent time with friends who live in the area as well as hung out with new friends I have met at Oakwoods. I've even found a wonderful veterinarian because Dante contracted a very bad yeast infection (poor baby). "Flag Day" is next Tuesday, so I've also been exploring the different neighborhoods just in case we are posted in DC.

Everyday is a new day, and my emotions constantly fluctuate. I realize my life will drastically change soon. For over 15 years, Billy and I have always spent every waking moment together. We are not only husband and wife, but best friends, and we enjoy each others company. He has a lengthy year of training and will be traveling a lot. I am excited about this new journey, but I realize it will be an adjustment for the both of us. I've always been very independent, but now more than ever, a side from Billy's support, I welcome the support of my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment