Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old Town Alexandria


Today, I got in my car and decided to go tour Old Town Alexandria. The weather was perfect; 66 and not a cloud in the sky. When I arrived in Old Town it reminded me of King Street in Charleston, or La Jolla in California. For the Virginians, it's their version of Georgetown. There are blocks and blocks of elegant, tree lined streets, historic houses, boutiques, spas, art galleries, pastry shops, restaurants, hotels and cafes. I love sweets, so I was excited to see several French pastry/coffee and chocolate shops. During the remainder of my stay, I will definitely make a few more trips to Old Town Alexandria.

2 comments:

  1. Old Town is very beautiful, try the restaurants, and they have wonderful old lighting stores, bookshops, coffee shops. I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so beautiful out there! I can't believe I didn't take advantage of sight seeing more when I visited DC years ago. I hardly remember seeing the White House. Thanks for keeping everyone updated on your stay, Claudia. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete