Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oakwood Apartments

The drive from South Carolina was a breeze until we hit DC traffic on Saturday. What's up with that??? It's Saturday people! It took us 30-45 mins from the I-95 exit to drive 7 miles to our apartment complex. I feel a little out of my element and slightly overwhelmed. DC is a big city and we've been sheltered from the "big city" lifestyle for over 10 years. Poor Dante hasn't seen so many cars in his life. He keeps pacing back and forth and watching our every move. The complex placed us on the 6th floor, so we can't just walk outside and let Dante go pee. We have to walk down a long hallway, enter the elevator, through the lobby, pass the parking lot before we see a small patch of grass. This morning at 7 am Dante wakes me up, I drag myself out of bed, change, begin the process of getting him to that little patch of grass, enter the lobby, open the door, and it's raining. Of course, I had no umbrella. We walked for a brief 1-2 min span, and back into the building we went. Not so fun...but definitely insightful because after 1 day of this, I realize wherever we get posted apartment living may not be an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment