Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Real Slice of Pie



Just tucked under the Brooklyn Bridge you'll find a cozy place that may just sell the best piece of pie in all of New York City. When we arrived at Grimald's the line outside the restaurant was long. There's no room to stand inside the restaurant, so bundle up if you happen to go in the colder months. If you go with a larger crowd have them wait in line while you walk down and snap some great shots of the Manhattan Skyline from Brooklyn.

The long lines are not uncommon. It took us a good 45 minute wait until we were sat. At first I was wondering if the long wait would be worth it, but once we got in and ordered our food, I would definitely say, YES! The pizza is crisp, flavorful and you can get varied selections of toppings like fresh basil, garlic, feta, red roasted peppers, and much more. The atmosphere is great, and be sure to check out the photos on the wall of different celebrities who have had pizza there. Make sure you bring cash, and a hardy appetite.

This was a great way to end my last night in New York City. I believe I ate 5 slices of pizza. I can't wait to go back; the pie was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment