Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas in SoCal



In my opinion Christmas is more meaningful when you are with the people you love, and want to share quality with. Since we don't have children of our own we have always made an effort to be with our immediate family during the holidays. Unfortunately our families are all very spread out, so we have to pick and choose and spread the love out evenly every year.

Christmas this year was spent with my sister and her two kids in San Diego. Seeing them rip through the wrapping paper to get to their gifts; hearing them shout and yell with excitement on Christmas morning made me feel like a kid again. And having Billy, my sister, niece and nephew all at my side was the greatest gift ever this year.

My sister and I also spent a lot of time together. We were able to sit and visit; share new stories, and talk about life. We also love to cook, so it was special for us to cook together while I was there. On Christmas day we prepared scrumptious Brazilian food for the family dinner which turned out amazing.

Next year it may be difficult to come to the US for Christmas because we'll be so far away living in Saudi Arabia. I am grateful and cherish these moments with family and friends. I only wish we could get the entire family together for Christmas. Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment