Saturday, March 22, 2014

It's Been Too Long...

Time has certainly flown by, I haven't written in such a long time. I guess it's because the first few months after giving birth was a complete blur; sleepless nights, recovering from a C-section, sore nipples from breastfeeding, adjusting to my new role as a mother, learning Lucas' cues, and mourning my old life. It was a lot harder than I predicted, but now almost 6 months into it, I must say it is certainly getting a lot easier. I am exercising again, making time for myself, and learning to multitask more than I ever have before. Oh, and having date nights with my husband is something we don't take for granted anymore.

Life has certainly changed, but for the better I would say. Not that life was not great before, but having a child has made me look at the world and people from a different angle. I also feel my inner strength has increased because of my precious little son, who truly illuminates our lives. In a few months a lot of our family and friends will be meeting Lucas for the first time when we go back to the States on home leave. This will be a joyous occasion and we are looking forward to it.

Then in the end of August we are off to our next destination: Accra, Ghana. We will be there for the next two years. It's going to be the polar opposite from Saudi Arabia in every way. There will be challenges at first, but I am sure we will adjust and love living there. In the meantime, the focus is on enjoying our last few months in Saudi and slowly saying, good bye to our friends and life we'll leave behind in Riyadh. It's going to be a crazy/busy time for us while we are in transition, but that's the Foreign Service for ya. It's not always easy, but there are a lot of great perks that makes this lifestyle worthwhile. If one day our attitude towards it changes then it's time to settle down somewhere and do something different. For now we enjoy it, and how fortunate to share our adventures with our son Lucas.



No comments:

Post a Comment