Sunday, September 29, 2013

Maybe It's the Hormones...

The nursery is complete and now we're just waiting on the little guy to arrive. As I get closer to the due date I reflect on some of the darndest questions and comments I have received from people during my pregnancy. Never in my life have I heard so many comments, advice, or questions. When it comes to babies/kids, people can be are very opinionated, innocently clueless, or just nosey. Here are a few things I have heard from time to time, and what the "grumpy cat" in me wanted to reply.



*If you are one of the people I have quoted, please don't take offense. This is all in good fun.

1)"Why are you so tired?"
Maybe because I have a baby inside that is draining all my energy. I'm a retaining water and weigh 35 lbs more than my average weight.

2) "You're using your pregnancy as an excuse."
It's not an excuse, now shut up and bugger off. You are clueless.

3) "Do you sink to the bottom of the pool when you go swimming?"
I actually float better, thank you.

4) "You're getting SO Big."
Yes, I know, but can you please say, "you look great, pretty or sexy" instead, thanks!

5) "Do you plan on breastfeeding, giving birth naturally, using regular or cloth diapers?"
I'll tell you, but then I don't want to hear your opinion on XY or Z.

6) "What kind of sleep schedule routine will you use for your baby?"
I don't know, but he's definitely going to Harvard.

7) "Ha, ha, ha...if only you knew how much your life will change."
Duh! I know how much life will change. This is the reason I waited 18 years to have children.

8) "You're living in a dream world if you think it'll be that easy."
You're lame. It's OK to dream. I believe we all do it sometimes.

9) "Well...you may want to rethink doing that, or purchasing those items."
Yes, all knowing. You should get the mother of year award.

10) "You should have sex as much as possible to induce labor."
Now that's living in a dream world.





No comments:

Post a Comment