Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Itching to do Something ALREADY!


It’s only a little over week since we arrived and I am already wondering what the next course of action will be.  Once I get the Iqama, internet, cell phone, stock the house with groceries; shop some, go to parties; then what? We don’t have children and once our household items arrive and I get everything organized boredom will sink in.  

I’m already trying to be somewhat proactive and putting some feelers out there. There are many positions available for eligible family members (EFM) at the embassy. I’ve already been approached by a couple departments that have positions coming available. This is tempting because it’s something new.  

There is also a great need for skilled massage therapists, of course the expat community would be happy to be clients. Outside the DQ there may be opportunities to work at one of the lavish hotels such as the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons in their spa department or even for the Royal family.

Which path do I take??? It will be interesting to see which direction life takes me in Saudi. I’m excited!   

2 comments:

  1. Royal family! How awesome would that be?! How nice to have some options! I remember how crazy I went when I first got to post. You might enjoy a job at the embassy because it means you'd get to see billy all the time (I love that about my job), but having a job that requires a clearance will keep you twiddling your thumbs for a while. I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne...think the Royal family thing is a stretch. I would probably have to be here many years and find a connection, but someone told me it could be possible. If anything, I believe a job at the embassy will be most likely where I end up, if I work. :)

    ReplyDelete