Monday, July 2, 2012

Who's Taming Who???


After a couple hours at the Folklife Festival we got on our bikes and stopped at Starbucks for an iced coffee before the trek home. We then got on Pennsylvania Avenue then Constitution, cut through the Lincoln Memorial and started heading over the Memorial Bridge.

I don’t know what happened because it all occurred so fast, but Billy’s bike got a little too close to mine and instead of me veering the bike to the opposite direction I went towards him. He sped up and I completely lost control of my bike. I saw the concrete and I knew it was going to be painful. Not only did it hurt, but I fell in the edge of the road of the Memorial Bridge towards oncoming traffic. All of a sudden my adrenaline kicked in and I scooped myself off the street and lifted my bike onto the sidewalk. Motorists slowed down and honked to make sure I was OK. I waved back utterly embarrassed but assuring them I was fine.

Billy was freaking out and all I could do was get on the bike and start pedaling before I gave myself time to reflect and completely break down and start to cry. Not only was I in pain, but pissed that I downed my brand new bike. Six hours later my entire body is aching and my Rotator cuff is tweaked. We’ll see how I feel in the morning, but for now I definitely need some Aleeve.


This photo does not do my pain enough justice.

1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you were not hurt more than you were!!!
    Biking is fun but can be dangerous!!! Dustin bikes. He just got back from a 50 mile ride and is in hopes of doing a 100 mile one in August!! Micah and Jeremy both bike too but not as far yet. You should get them on your site too Claudia, theyd love to have some cousin "talks". Love You bunches, still thinking "OUCH"!!!! aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete