Monday, July 16, 2012

Less than 6 days before KSA

Hanging out at my favorite place: National Cathedral
It's crazy that 2 years have flown by. It seems just like yesterday when we moved to the area and my husband was traveling like crazy. At times it was hard without him, but I pushed on and adapted. After all it was only temporary. Now it's onto the next chapter. 

Sometimes being in the Foreign Service is like being in a movie. You know the plot and slowly the scenes start unfolding in front of you. So, here we are, less than 6 days until our departure. If all goes according to plans we'll soon be boarding an airplane with our dog, Dante and heading to the other side of the world to experience a new way of life for a couple years. Within a year in country we'll be bidding on our next post, and the beat goes on and on.

But let me get back on track and focus on the now. We've packed out and we're in temporary quarters and it's time to enjoy DC. We've been eating whatever we want, visiting with friends, biking/running on our favorite paths and trails. Yesterday we rented some bikes and road in the pouring rain. I felt like a kid; the smile on my face was ear to ear. For the time being it's been wonderful to enjoy these last few months in DC with my husband/ best friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment