Friday, June 22, 2012

My New Splurge



My new bike.
Oh Ya! My new purchase, a brand new bike to take to Riyadh. I'm so excited! My old bike was fantastic; light, fast and great for cycling on pavement.
 
Get this...where we'll be living there is a 19-mile biking trail which is half concrete/gravel. I also discovered that there's a cycling club called the "Riyadh Wheelers" composed of mainly expats which has been in existence since 1992, which I may consider joining.

So, I upgraded my road bike to a Cyclo-cross bike. This thing is sooooo sweet. It still gives me the speed that I want, and because of the wider clearance and tires, I can ride over gravel, mud and other types of debris. I know my new toy will not disappoint, plus I'll have plenty of time to fine tune a hobby I thoroughly enjoy. 

My old bike.

*Thanks honey for helping me research and motivating me to make this purchase. You're always loving, thoughtful and giving. Te Amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment