Monday, September 24, 2012

A Very Short Season

Turns out our softball season ended before it even really started. During practice Billy caught a line drive with his left hand which fractured his 5th metacarpal. Who would of thought softball was such a rough sport? He ended up having minor surgery and staying a couple days in the hospital. Thankfully there was no need to transport him to London for the surgeon here came highly recommended.



A week after this happened I started to have GI issues and have been asked to take it easy for a month until my inflammation goes down. It's looking like I will need to have surgery in Riyadh in the very near future too, but I'll cross that bridge in a month. We've now been officially indoctrinated into the Saudi Health Care System and we feel confident in saying it's comparable to the States in many ways. Guess there will be no need to order those tight spandex, cleats and a glove after all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys have reliable health care there! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete