Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why I love DC/NOVA!

After living in two small towns in South Carolina (Clemson & Beaufort) for close to 10 years. I was more than ready for the city life. As our first post, the last year and a half in the DC area has been awesome! The history, the people, the food, and the cultural and political events can keep ones social calendar booked year round. Here are a few of my favorite things about DC and Northern Virginia.

Endless options of ethnic foods:
Dama on Columbia Pike
My all time favorite Ethiopian Restaurant. Yum!



Awesome grocery stores.
Eastern Market (Capitol Hill)














Cupcakes & coffee shops on every corner.
My favorite "Baked & Wired "in Georgetown

Magnificent Smithsonian Museums, monuments and history.

The Castle-Smithsonian Institution Building















The night life...



















The Kennedy Center












Countless trails to run on...














I could go on, and on, and on about the DC area. It's a place that has kept me feeling young, refreshed, and up to date on current events. And if I choose to stay in for the night and order take out, well then, I have that option too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment