Friday, August 26, 2011

Paris, ici i!


After 23 years of waiting, my dream is coming true. On Monday I board an 8 hour flight to the most romantic city in the world. Yes, Paris! Ever since I was 13 years old I've been wanting to go to Paris. I used to have a huge poster of this exotic city in my bedroom, and I would dream of walking along the Seine River, taking pictures of the Eiffel Tower, and seeing the Mona Lisa in the largest art museum of the world, The Louvre.

Now as an adult, I still plan to do all that and then some. But what I mainly want to do is walk around the city, take tons of pictures, sit and people watch, and have fabulous food and wine with my wonderful husband. And of course, I can't forget the chocolate croissants, which everyone raves about when they go to France.

Right now the thought of me going to Paris is still surreal. Once the wheels of the plane hit the runaway of the Charles De Gualle Airport tears of joy may actually run down my face. Oui, oui, Paris, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, have so much fun! Eat a Laduree macaron for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me. I most certainly will.

    ReplyDelete