Monday, June 27, 2011

April Visitors



April was an entire month of back to back visitors. I believe I now have been into every museum in the DC area, and visited Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, and the National Cathedral (my favorite) more than I've cared to. But honestly, I'd do it all over again because I appreciated having the company and knowing that people made the time to come out to spend time with us.

Our first visitors were Billy's sister Katrina and her husband Jonas. They live in Beaufort, SC. They were mostly interest in relaxing and wanted to experience being in the city. Once they left my good friend, Donna who also lives in Beaufort, flew out to spend a few days with me. Our mission was to sleep in and enjoy each other's company. We had a fabulous time chatting, drinking wine, and having lunch or dinner in cute little restaurants in the DC area. Shortly after Donna left, my sister Renata and our nephew Tristan (7) and niece Karina (3) came from San Diego to spend time with us and explore DC. This was their first time in DC, and they wanted to fit as much as they could into one trip. Granted we had two young kids so we had to cater to their moods and nap times, but we were able to see a lot within our time frame. Once the kids left, we really missed their presence. Especially in the mornings when the kids would hop into bed with us and chat. Love that!

I believe all our visitors had a wonderful time visiting us in DC. At the end of the month, I was very exhausted, but thankful for the friends and family Billy and I have.
Love you guys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment